Saturday, December 22, 2007

Starwalk

This is my first time joining starwalk, it's a 10km walking event organized by The Star, from Pisa to The Star office and continue to the route to airport and turn back to Pisa.



I haven't exercise for like 1 month since I had a bad sprain on my ankle, I thought my ankle has fully recovered and ready to participate in this walk but after the walk, my ankle got swollen like a "char siew pau" ... hmpfh!

I had to wake up at 430am in the morning, fetched V and Chee Yhan and off we went to mcD greenlane for breakfast. There were hell lotta people when we reached Pisa, The Star reported that there's a total of 11k people participated in this event.

Stranger uncle was peeping at me when I took this photo.


Approximately 730am we officially started the walk.



5km mark: Star office, half way through the journey...there's 100 plus for the participants to rejuvenate themselves.


I wonder if MPPP workers or the organizers of the event will clean the paper cups XD


"People mountain people sea" 人山人海!


It took us ( V, me and Chee Yhan ) 1hour and 41 mins to finish the 10km walk, that's 10 mins to walk 1km, not bad haha. We all obtained a certificate that we finished the walk within the permitted time ( which is 2 hours ). I rolled the cert and put it in my pocket, which I lost it after squeezing my way through the crowd to get 2 free cups of 100 plus. bah....


1254, my starwalk number....


And tadaaaaaaaa! 1254 was the first prize on Magnum on Starwalk day itself... :) :) :)
Don't freaking ask me to treat... I didn't buy :( but my dad did.

No comments: